2012-04-06

Improvement Steps

I was reading one of Robb Wolf's articles and decided to grab some of it and then add to it some of my stuff

I am going to modify what Robb Wolf said slightly since I can't use his first person for myself

7 Steps to Success

The program that Robb Wolf laid out in his book is pretty solid and it was born of observing people both succeed and fail in the attempt to change their lives.

Here are the broad brush-strokes of what you need to do to change:

1-Clean out the entire house. All the crap get’s bagged up and donated to charity. The crap you are trying to justify saving for the kids will undermine your efforts, follow the program.

2-Go shopping. Use his/a shopping and food guide and go get some chow. A lot. Learn to cook, use the food matrix.

3-Go to bed early. In a dark room. Repeat daily.

4-Get some exercise. I (This is me saying I too) do not care what kind. Make sure it is appropriate for your fitness level. I (This is me saying I too) personally like lifting weights (muscle helps insulin resistance and burns calories), but I’m just kind of a meat head. Do what you like.

5-Do this for 30 days. Change takes time. Patterns establish with repetition. Most psychology gurus say we need to do something for 21 days to affect change. Fine, we’ll go 30.

6-Track progress. He describes how to do it in his book, I provided a reminder here(robbwolf.com/2012/02/06/paleo-diet-am-i-losing-enough-weight). If you ask me about your weight, we are going to have a hell of a problem! (My personal opinion is to put scale in closet or donate to charity)

7-Report your experience. (Find a group/friend/FB group)

Personally I will add these (And don't do them more often than every 4 weeks)

1-Do a workout as a baseline to come back to later and see your improvement. Something like 20 pushups, 20 situps, 20 squats and 20 lunges for time. Keep track of how long and how you felt.
Do it again after a month of working out. Did you improve? If so, You FRAKIN' IMPROVED. Own it. Strut it. Test again in 4 weeks.

2-Take measurements. All over. Ankle to neck. Get a friend to help if you can. Not over clothes if possible.
Do it again after a month of working out. Did you improve? If so, You FRAKIN' IMPROVED. Own it. Strut it. Measure again in 4 weeks.

3-Take pictures. In your undies. Front/Side/Back. Pick a spot where you can duplicate the lighting, your position and camera position. If you can find a friend/family/group to show the pictures do it. It is called accountability.
Do it again after a month of working out. Did you improve? If so, You FRAKIN' IMPROVED. Own it. Strut it. Take pictures again in 4 weeks.

No improvement?
Honestly did you stay on program?
I said HONESTLY.
You can lie to everyone including yourself but your body will know and show better.

No comments:

Post a Comment