2021-01-26

Some Success

I have had some small successes so far this year.
I haven't managed to complete a goal yet, but don't expect to do that for a while.

Status on my goals tho so far:

Do a strict pull up
--    3 sets of 5 pulldowns at 160 (80% body weight)

Sub 30 min 5k
--    Managed a 35:39 5k on Saturday but still had gas in the tank. Was testing running intervals.
--    Tried running longer distances at 8.0 speed on treadmill and can't do those well enough yet, let alone enough of them to do a 5k (8 intervals)
--    Did manage to run a full mile at 6.0 on the treadmill 20210126 and still had some tank left. Might have to rethink the interval thing if I can run longer distance at slower pace, I might be able to still do it.

100k Ultra
--    This is going to happen at the Eagle Up Ultra or if that can't go due to Covid, I will do it mid July, either on the weekend of my 3 year WLS or on my birthday weekend.

1000 mile total
It always starts low since treadmill running sucks for longer runs.
My distance tends to look like a bell curve, lower at the start, ramps up over summer, then tapers.
I just need to make sure my lower months don't put me too far behind for my summer months to not be able to make it up.
--    Event Progress
--    1000 Mile Challenge (2021)
--    Today: 2.11 Miles
--    Total: 45.30 Miles
--    Percent of Event Complete: 7.12% (Day 26/365)
--    300 Mile Goal Goal: 15.10% (Avg 0.75 / Day to Complete)
--    700 Mile Goal Goal: 6.47% (Avg 1.93 / Day to Complete, 4.56 to Catch Up)
--    1,000 Mile Goal Goal: 4.53% (Avg 2.82 / Day to Complete, 25.93 to Catch Up)

Body Weight Bench Press
--    I was able to do 5 sets of 5 Bench at 135. Last set was extremely hard and I almost had to bail to the sissy bars on the bench frame to save me. 
--    This will take a while to build up but I am showing improvement in just the couple of weeks I have been working on it.

1.5x Body Weight Squat
--    I haven't started this. I have been concentrating on getting back into my running.
--    I think I will do 2 workouts a week, 1 with a regular straight bar to work on form and 1 with the leg press and smith machine to concentrate on strength. 
--    I will probably start lower weight and higher reps as I get used to doing more leg exercises with my running.

1 blog post per month
--    Jan is obviously good so far.


PENDING:
EVolt measurements on 20210129.
I expect to have gone up in body fat but hope muscle has also gone up some too.


NSV:
As I mentioned above, I managed to run a 35:39 5k and had plenty in the tank.
This is just a bit over a minute slower than my PB at 34:21.
While not quite my 30 minute mark, I should be able to beat my PB soon.
Since I don't count my treadmill runs towards PBs, it will have to wait until I get outside to accept it officially, but I can still do it on the treadmill and get the knowledge that I can do it. 


The other NSV was running a full mile non-stop on the treadmill at 6.0. 
That is a 10 min mile. 
I had gas left in the tank when it was done and I was not overstressed.
I will try to do it again next week at 6.5 speed and see how that goes. 
I think I will need to do it on Monday tho, since it took a bit for my legs to loosen up after doing sprints yesterday. 



Still have to think of what I want to do with my Running Rewards from last year.
I put $0.25 per mile into a jar.
I would round up as needed and also if I did a strength workout I added another $0.25.
I have $250 to use on something.
I don't want to use it on something I would do anyway, like getting a new pair of shoes. 
All of the races I planned on doing this year, unless I do a obstacle run, are already paid for and most events don't really "inspire" me to do them right now. 

I am debating on whether to spend it on something running/athletic related or on something completely outside of that like buying 20 MP3 albums or audio books or finding a cool class and taking that. 
Will keep thinking about it.

I started my jar again for this year and already have $15 in there. 





#YIAAGAITIA
#IAmWorthIt
#DFQ
#OneFatGuysJourneyToHealth
#SelfWorth
#WLSSuccess
#IfNotMeThenWho

1 comment: