2018-08-06

18 Days Post Surgery

18 Days Post Surgery.

Still learning what I can and can't do.
When stuff will hurt if I do it without thinking.

So my mistakes so far:
I didn't pay attention to the diet restrictions and ate cottage cheese too soon.
Hurt but that went away, no long term issues.

Made my potato soup too thick and ended up eating too much and that hurt.
Again no long term issues but definitely uncomfortable.

I have been feeling a bit light headed in the last 4 days, especially when I go for longer walks.
Went in to the doctor and had my blood pressure checked.
My pressure actually went up when I went from standing to sitting to laying down.
Doctor wants me to reduce my blood pressure meds to 1 time a day versus 2.

Looking at wrist blood pressure cuffs.
Let me wear it while on walks while I adjust my blood pressure meds.

Officially I am over 50 pounds loss.
Today I was 323 at the doctor office.
That is down from 374+ prior to my surgery and liquid diet.

My weigh in on Sunday at home had me at 321.6 pounds.
That is down from 374.9 at my biggest.so unofficially 53.3 pounds.
My lean mass is still holding in the 215 range so I am not losing too much muscle at this point.
Probably due to the high protein intake they have me taking in.

Elsolel took a pic of me on Sunday.
She said she thinks I am looking good and can tell but I am still not happy with how I look.
You can tell that I have lost weight but in my head, I am still fat.
That is going to take a long time for me to get past in my head.
I am sure as I lose more I will feel better.

So my measurements and numbers from day 1 when I started the pre-surgery diet.

DATE6/24/201808/05/2018
Weight 374.9321.6
Around Shoulders64.2562
Chest at Armpit5856.25
Chest at Nipple60.2556.25
Chest at Sternum60.554.25
Waist6658
Hips5046.5
Bicep2219.75
Forearm1614.75
Wrist88
Thigh2928
Calf20.519
Ankle11.511.25

You can see the difference in the pics I did as comparison pics.
20180624 compared to 20180805.





I start pureed food on Wed.
We are going to get a new Ninja processor from Sam's Club so I can do the puree and mixing easier.
The blender I have is OLD, and very difficult to get stuff out and clean.
Will probably donate it or something.
Same with my OLD food processor.
They work but not well, are difficult to clean, and won't do the job I need from them.
Or put them in storage unit for now and see if they can be re-purposed.

Picked up some sunflower butter for a meal too, but had to get smooth. 😒
I got some ham to make some ham salad.
Eggs too.
Plan on putting those in the Ninja and running it with some mayo to make up meals.
Figure I will be able to eat maybe as much as a regular egg, possibly even less.
Then I have to wait to drink or I will definitely feel uncomfortable.

I did adjust my insulin basal reading down.
I started it about 74% of my pre-surgery amount and adjusted it down another 4 units.
My A1c is going to probably be 6 or below when they test in 2 weeks.

I have also had to adjust my sensitivity.
How much insulin I take to keep my numbers down.
I am hoping when I switch over to my new insulin pump, that will be even easier in the long run.

Since Animas is no longer doing pumps, I am being switched to a Medtronic 670G.
Training is on Thursday and then I will be on that pump.
After a week or 2 they will put me on a closed loop.
Where the pump will adjust basal to keep me on target.
Will see how well that works.

Having issues with my C-Pap.
Too much leakage.
Not sure how much is due to me sleeping on my back versus my face changing shape.
Might have to go in to the sleep store to be checked out and see if I need to make some changes I can't figure out.

More later.

#DFQ


No comments:

Post a Comment