2018-08-22

5 Week Post Op Follow Up

This Week
Had a small issue this week with one of my incision sites.
It looked kind of funny and was really itchy.
The scab was more like a valley.
On 20180815 I took a shower in the morning and when I got out, I had blood seeping out from the incision.
Called the doctor office and after jumping thru some hoops to see my doctor, went in to see her.
She took a swab of the site and prescribed some antibiotics.

She did take me totally off my Losartin when she saw my blood pressure was 114/72.

5 week post op follow up today.
Both the dietician and bariatric nurse were really happy with where I was.
Officially I am down 58.8 pounds.
I think I should be over 60 but the antibiotics have given me constipation so once I finish those, I have a feeling I will lose a LOT quickly.
I know that I am doing well, but it would have been nice to not have that and be past the 60 mark.

I am now able to start eating regular food without restriction.
Other than volume I can experiment with what I eat.
Suggested that I not try a LOT of different things right away so I can figure what affects me badly.

Saw my primary also to do her follow up for surgery and to check the incision.
The incision is healing fine and I only have 1 more day of antibiotics.
My blood pressure while off Losartin was 128/80 which is perfectly fine now.

So the list of meds that I no longer take are:
Losartin (blood pressure)
Metformin (diabetes)
Gemfibrizol (cholesterol)
U-500 (diabetes insulin - replaced with U-100)
Ranitidine (reflux)
Fish Oil (cholesterol - might go back on after blood work)
Aspirin (heart - might take again after my 3 month check up)

Other than supplements, which there are a lot of them, I am only on 4 actual prescriptions:
Victoza (insulin sensitivity)
U-100 (insulin)
Androgel (testosterone - due to my testicular cancer 30+ years ago)
Pravistatin (triglycerides - might come off after testing)

I also had 8 tubes of blood taken for vitamin and A1c checks.

Blood Work Results
A1c is the lowest it has ever been

Cholesterol is awesome, sort of.
My HDL is really low.
Might have to go back on the fish oil and DEFINITELY need to do more exercise.

The rest of the stuff came back normal.

Wins
I was able to put on some shorts that I can't remember the last time wore.
This gives me some clothing options that I haven't had in a LONG time.

I also ordered a kilt.
They contacted me and had me change the size down but I should have ordered an even smaller size.
I am hoping Elsolel can fix it to make it fit better.
It will work for now but not well and could slip down.
Pics next week of me in both.


Next month I will be doing 4 5k events.
A local event Run/Walk of the Mill 5k on 20180908.

A virtual event for the Travis Manion Foundation on 20180909.
I get a patch for this one.
This one I am required to carry a pack since it is a ruck.
Will see what I can carry but might be light due to physical limits at this point.

Elsolel and I will be doing the AFSP 5k on 20180916, (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)
You can help us raise money by donating on my page.
When more than 100 people a day end their lives, we should do something.

Elsolel and I will be doing the Warrior 196 5k on 20180929.
This raises money for scholarships for students of district 196 in the names of the students from district 196 that have fallen while serving in the military.


Numbers for this week.
Not great but I am bloated and constipated from the antibiotics.
I have a feeling next week will be a decent drop.

DATE6/24/201808/19/2018
Weight 374.9313.4
Around Shoulders64.2562
Chest at Armpit5855.25
Chest at Nipple60.2556.5
Chest at Sternum60.554
Waist6659.5
Hips5046.5
Bicep2219
Forearm1615
Wrist88
Thigh2927.5
Calf20.519.25
Ankle11.510.5

Pictures.
While I still don't like what I see, I can see improvement.
There are definitely times where I look at these and don't like myself.
Even with the improvements, it can be tough.












#DFQ
#IAmWorthIt


No comments:

Post a Comment