2018-06-24

Disgusted and Tears

In preparation for my weight loss surgery, I asked Elsolel to assist me with measturements and pictures.
Our plan is to take pics and measurements every Sunday for the next 9 weeks for sure.
We will also do it on the 2 key Wednesdays, 27 June, the day I start my liquid diet, and 18 July, the day of my surgery.


Elsolel handed me my phone after taking the pictures and I literally started to cry.
I was so disgusted and ashamed and frustrated with how I look, how big I had become.
I found a picture of myself when I was trying to lose weight last time, and I am upset that I would be happy with that size right now.
At that size, I was going to the gym more often, I didn't hurt like I do now, I even did a Rugged Maniac.

My initial measurements

DATE6/24/2018
Weight 374
Around Shoulders64.25
Chest at Armpit58
Chest at Nipple60.25
Chest at Sternum60.5
Waist66
Hips50
Bicep22
Forearm16
Wrist8
Thigh29
Calf20.5
Ankle11.5

My initial formulated body fat

LEAN BODY MASS225.188
BODY FAT WEIGHT148.812
BODY FAT PERCENT39.78930481
This is using the formula at http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-formula.php.

My initial pictures






The first pic is the grid I will be using as the back drop.
It is 33" wide, each square is 1".


For those that have followed my journey over the last 6 years you have seen me up and down and even pulled back and didn't post for a year.
This is what I looked like when I started, 6 years ago that I said I would be glad to be at now



I am going to try to post updates each week over the next 9-10 weeks then probably monthly after that.
My timeline as of now.
20180627 - Start 3 weeks liquid diet prep for surgery.
20180718 - Weight Loss Surgery. Clear Liquid diet.
20180725 - Change from Clear Liquid to Full Liquid diet, include stuff like yogurt, V8, pudding, and cottage cheese.
20180808 - Change from Full Liquid diet to Pureed diet. I can have most anything as long as it is pureed.
20180622 - Convert from Pureed diet to regular diet. I will be up to eating 1/4 - 1/2 cup food.

My goals for the surgery?
Weight loss: I want to be back down near my USMC weight at discharge (225) so from my current 374 to 250 pounds.
Diabetes: If I can't get rid of it completely, I want to at least go from U500 to U100 normal insulin. It would be even better if I could be off of insulin completely.
Size: I wore size 40-42 at that time so somewhere near there. A 1X or 2X shirt would be awesome.
Fitness: I want to be able to move like I used to, at least close to it. Not sure I will ever get to my sub 5 min mile but I would like to get a 5k at a jog.
Rucking: I want to be able to use my GoRuck Light credit and participate in one where I can carry myself and not need someone else to carry my stuff.
Personal: I want to be confident in myself again. I want to be able to think about myself without self deprecation.

So this weekend I am eating my last supper type stuff.
Elsolel and I went to Outback Steakhouse and had a Blooming Onion and other stuff.
I have had Cheetos, Doritos, and bagels, stuff I normally avoid but am getting my last ever taste of them.
I might be able to eat some of this stuff after a long while, maybe in a year or so but it might truly be the last time I do.

1 comment:

  1. KISS
    It was a tearful moment. Because seeing you upset, upset me.
    We can get healthy together.

    ReplyDelete