2021-08-16

Difference Between Optimism, Pessimism, Realism, and Giving Up

This year, 2021, I made some goals.
Status of those goals as of now:

100k Ultra - COMPLETE

Do a strict pull up - Still training
Body Weight Bench Press - Still training

1 blog post per month - In Progress

Sub 30 min 5k - Probably Won't Happen
1000 mile total - Probably Won't Happen
1.5x Body Weight Squat - Probably Won't Happen

With my injury, some of these probably won't happen.

I go in to see the doctor at the end of the month (unless there is a cancellation and I can get in early).
This will be a sort of pre-op check and I will still have to get surgery scheduled.
After surgery, it will be at least a couple weeks before I can start doing any real walking and probably a couple of months before I will be cleared to run.
That being the case, I won't be running again until probably Thanksgiving unless the doctor clears me early.

So, I have finished my 100k.
I have plans for next year to do the race again.
I want to kick the races ass and have it kick mine not just survive it.

I am back in the gym doing lifting.
My routine until I see the doctor will be M/W/F workout/walking.
I walk about 3 miles and then go into the gym.
Alternating 1 day with chest and 1 day with pulldown. 
Each week will have 2 of 1 and 1 day of the other, alternating weeks.
I am hoping to get in enough lifting to be able to accomplish my pull up and bench press goal.

I got a 34:27 5k but that was without training for speed.
I was hoping to do that after my 100k finished and I could concentrate more on speed rather than long distance pacing.
I don't expect to be able to improve on that time after my surgery so that is as good as it will get this year.
I will continue to train after surgery but realistically don't expect to accomplish this goal.

I got behind on my 1000 mile goal early in the year and was slowly catching up.
At this point, I won't be able to catch up.
I can't do the mileage.
I need to take time off between walks to rest my knee.
If I try to do 2 days in a row, it starts to hurt a LOT more. 
Anything more than 3 miles tends to hurt too.
I don't want to damage it more so no impact, which means no running.

The squat puts too much pressure on my knee.
Not doing ANY training for squats at this point.
Not even sure what I can or even could do.
I was doing body weight stuff before, like air squats and lunges.

I guess this is the line I walk between it looking like I am giving up and being realistic.
I am not giving up on accomplishing my goals but I still don't expect to finsh them.
There is always next year.




#YIAAGAITIA
#IAmWorthIt
#DFQ
#OneFatGuysJourneyToHealth
#SelfWorth
#WLSSuccess
#IfNotMeThenWho
#DoEpicShit

No comments:

Post a Comment