2018-01-19

Year Long Fundraiser

One Fat Guys Journey to Health Year Long Fundraiser

This is my year of health.
I did a sleep study and found out I have severe sleep apnea and need a C-Pap.
I am pursuing weight loss surgery and anticipate doing it mid summer.
I will be getting 1 dental post and an appliance for my back lower teeth so I can eat and chew better.
I will be finishing up the rest of my dental work.
I will be getting back into my rucking as my energy and temps get better.
I have a doctor appointment to talk to my primary care physician about my med/vitamin interaction.


I usually only do 1 fundraiser a year.
I don't like to split attention or confuse donations between groups.

This year I am going to support Team Rubicon.
Last year, they came to the forefront for their work for Hurricane Harvey & Irma, Pacific Northwest fires, & 60 others.

As an example Team Rubicon had 2155 volunteers & 120810 hours of worked for just Hurricane Harvey.
They saved people $3.3M in rescue and recovery operations.

I have signed up to start training with Team Rubicon.
I will see what I can do to help them for operations after training.
Even if it is just doing phone support.

I am going to keep this fundraiser going all year and want to raise $1200 for them.
What the money can do:
$1000 Outfit a strike team
$500  Help train a Heavy Equipment Operator
$300  Help muck-out a flooded home
$100  Deploy a volunteer to a disaster zone

I would really appreciate your help.
Please check out my fundraising page.
https://fundraise.teamrubiconusa.org/OneFatGuysJourneytoHealthYearLongFundraiser

No comments:

Post a Comment