2016-12-04

Real Plans Recipe - Instant Pot French Onion Soup

Very simple soup.

I love a good French Onion Soup but never wanted to go thru all of the hassle that I see in the recipes.
I am also not a big fan of the wine in most of them.

So after seeing on a webpage/blog ( I can't remember where ), that you can caramelize onions in a slow cooker, I decided to try to do it in my Instant Pot.

I know this is Paleo but not sure what other specialty diets it fits.
Vegetarians "might" be able to use vegetable broth but I don't know how that would taste.



Instant Pot French Onion Soup
Servings:  4
Active Time:  20 m
Total Time:  20 m
Fixed Servings:  No

Ingredients

3 large onions, sweet
3 pints beef broth
2 teaspoons butter
sea salt
ground black pepper


Categories

Season: Fall, Winter
Diet Type: Traditional, Paleo
Course: Soup
Main Ingredient: Vegetable
Tags: Pressure Cooker
Cuisine: American
Dish Type: Soup/Salad


How To Prepare

1 Cut onions into rings or chunks, depending on your preference
2 Place onions into Instant Pot with butter
3 Place on Slow Cook for 12 hours
4 After 12 hours, open pot and stir
5 Add beef broth
6 Set Instant Pot to warm for 10 hours
7 Eat when you are ready and soup is hot
8 Warming cycle is just to let it develop deeper flavor
9 Add salt and pepper if you want


Notes : Many traditional recipes use wine, thyme, garlic, and bay. I made this extremely simple because I like the sweet onion and beef flavor.


URL: http://onefatguysjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/2016/12/real-plans-recipe-instant-pot-french.html

No comments:

Post a Comment