2016-11-10

Reminder From The Past

I wrote about this 5 years ago.

Nov 09, 2011 9:32am
I have seen posts about whether you feed your evil or good wolf inside
Thinking today at the gym, while the Cybex Arc Trainer was kicking my ass, I realized that there is another pair of creatures inside me
They are nameless for me
The first is made of darkness/shame/fear/doubt/self hate/limits/sadness
The second is made of light/pride/confidence/no limits/love/happiness
Each decision feeds one, whether large like buying a house or marriage, or small like pushing your plate away when you are full but it isn't empty or taking your meds every day when you should
Each day I need to make the decisions that feed the second one
I need to acknowledge that I am making them
Getting up when I am tired and going to the gym
Using a smaller plate for food to help me control portions
Preparing meals ahead of time so I don't have to scramble and eat badly
Keeping the house clean
Choosing to chew a piece of gum instead of grabbing a piece of candy
Taking my meds and monitoring myself regularly
I have been watching Biggest Loser
Something that has clicked for me
I have decided each day will start with an affirmation
Yes, I will make good choices
Yes, I will forgive myself if I make a bad choice
Yes, I will be mindful and make choices and decisions not be mindless
Yes, I am as good as I think I am
Yes, I deserve good things
Yes, I am worth it

I have changed since then but this was a great reminder and I am going to change it to bring it current.

I have seen pictures about how everyone has 2 wolves inside them, good and evil, and depending on which you feed it will make one stronger and one weaker.

I also have 2 other forms inside me.
I don't have names or even visual forms for them.
The first is made of light/pride/confidence/no limits/love/happiness.
The second is made of darkness/shame/fear/doubt/self hate/limits/sadness.

Each day I need to make the decisions to feed the first one.
Each day I need to acknowledge those decisions.
Each day I need to decide to go to the gym or be active in some way.
Each day I need to decide to plan my meals and eat the right things.
Each day I need to decide to keep working on the house to make it what I want.
Each day I need to decide to take my meds and monitor myself on a regular basis.
Each day I need to decide to keep doing events to challenge myself.
Each day I need to decide to keep supporting the causes that mean a lot to me.

I have changed the affirmation I am going to start each day out with.
I am going to find a way to get it printed and put up on my wall.

Today
I will make choices.
I will live my life without regrets.
I will be mindful and stay in the present.
I will forgive myself if I make a mistake.
I will remember I deserve the good things in my life.
I will remember that Yes, I Am As Good As I Think I Am.
I will remember I am worthy.


#DFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment