2016-08-26

Real Plans Recipe - Kraut Burger Mix

I signed up for Real Plans and have really liked it.
I have really only done it for 1 week as I had to go in to work all week this week and got put up in a hotel.

The only problem I have had with it so far is that life happens and I don't get to cook what I had on my plan and then I have extra stuff.
But since I have only fully planned 1 week, I know I can tune that in and build in some "gaps" for left overs and missed meals.

I am going to try to post recipes so that people can import them if they like them.
This is my first attempt so please let me know if it works for you.


Kraut Burger Mix
(Think Runza type mix)


Servings:  4
Active Time:  10 m
Total Time:  40 m
Fixed Servings:  No
Ingredients

3 pounds ground beef
2 bags shredded cabbages, I use Fresh Express 3 color coleslaw
3 cans sauerkraut, (I mix regular and sweet)
1 med onion
sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
garlic, (optional)
How To Prepare

1 Place burger in 5Qt pot and start browning. (Bigger if you have it)
2 Dice onion and put in with burger until cooked.
3 Drain mixture and keep on side.
4 Put pot back on stove.
5 Add 1 bag shredded cabbage.
6 Add 1 1/2 can sauerkraut
7 Add 1/2 burger on top.
8 Repeat with remaining ingredients.
9 Adjust heat to low and let cook for 30 minutes.
Notes : Can be put into bread to make a "Runza".
Categories

Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Diet Type: Traditional, Paleo
Course: Entree/Main Course
Main Ingredient: Beef
Cuisine: Continental European
Dish Type: Wildcard

No comments:

Post a Comment